Thursday, November 16, 2006

Shines the name, Rodger Young

I got the uber computer the other day. IT FUCKING PWNS!!!

So Yeah first thing I did after getting the PC home was put in an 80 gig hard drive and put Windows XP on it. I then put all of my other programs onto my 200 gig drive.

I then gave the good PC a name. For every PC should have a name. My laptop is called Bellona after a demi godess of war. I even named my external hard drive after the Battlestar Pegasus. So I thought and I thought, and I couldn't for the life of me find the perfect name. Then Scott suggested the Rodger Young. For those of you who don't know who Rodger Young is, you should be ashamed. He is a true American hero. He was a solider who fought and died with honor.

I knew that like Rodger Young my new PC would perform far above and beyond the call of duty. And since the Rodger Young is also the primary star ship in Heinlein's Starship Troopers. Starship Troopers is probably my favorite Sci-fi novel. So her official designation is FTBS Rodger Young (FTBS stands for Federal Terran Battle Ship)

Okay enough with the name, lets look at her stats.

*Silver Coolmaster Case
*2 gigs of RAM (4 sticks of 512)
*AMD Athelon 2 3800+ duel corp CPU
*2 seta hard drives. one 80 gig~ one 200 gig
*MSI K8N motherboard
*ATI X800 graphics card
*Antec 420 Watt power supply
*Logitec THX certified speakers~
*19" Widescreen HD monitor
*Logitec G series keyboard~
*Logitec MX518 mouse~
(Note anything with ~ by it is something I have contributed to the overall machine)

I plan on upgrading the Young over the next few months. Who knows I might even get a new vid card ore chip set. Any parts that are replaced will most likely go into building an uber server.
(Thanks to Caleb and Scott, without you guys FTBS Rodger Young wouldn't be possible)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home